Tuesday, June 17, 2008

easiest of the 7 1/2 habits

For me, the easiest of the 7 1/2 habits is to begin with the end in mind. I have always been goal oriented .For example, in high school, I wanted to be a cheerleader. The first time I tried out I didn't make it. For the next year, I practiced, practiced ,and practiced cheers along with making A's in school. At the end of my junior year, I tried out and this time I succeeded! Of course, this is a very simplistic example, but over the years, there have been many goals I have met; i.e. completing college, getting married, having children (this was an infertility issue), having a rewarding career, etc. I know these are goals most of us have, however, I know lots of people who don't achieve these "everyday" goals. As an educator, it has been very true that one learns by teaching. I really have gotten an education myself by teaching . I have taught pre-k, elementary school, ESL students, reading and Language Arts, and Family and Consumer Science. I have gained as much knowledge as my students!

No comments: